If you need refrigerator repair, make an appliance appointment with an appliance pro, like Appliance Doctor, for fast, high-quality service that gets your unit working as good as new again in no time. Refrigerators are susceptible to many problems. They constantly operate, never getting time to rest. Many issues can cause the refrigerator to malfunction, whether it stops cooling food, you notice a leak or if other issues arise.
How to Prevent Refrigerator Problems
Although you can always schedule an appliance appoinment appliance pro, preventing refrigerator breakdown before it occurs is always best. It’s not always simple, since parts and components do break down and wear out over time, but there are a few steps that can reduce risks and prolong the refrigerator’s performance.
– Keep both the refrigerator and freezer at the right temperatures. For the refrigerator, proper temperatures range between 37 – 40 degrees. The freezer should remain at 0.
– The condenser coils, found on the back of the refrigerator, remove heat from the unit. Over time, dust, dirt, and other debris cover them and may cause problems. Keep them clean.
– Inspect the seals on the refrigerator door. Replace them if they’re stripped or worn, since broken seals allow air to escape and cause a myriad of risks.
– A full refrigerator works more efficiently than one that is not full. Keep it full and reduce energy loss and breakdown.
Common Refrigerator Problems
A plethora of problems may stop your refrigerator from operating efficiently and at peak performance. At the first sign of trouble, pick up the phone and schedule an appliance repair appointment with our appliance repair professionals to reduce problems. The sooner you make the call, the less damage and costs you’ll endure.
Most common types of problems people experience with their refrigerators include:
– Refrigerator doesn’t properly cool
– Freezer doesn’t freeze food
– Broken seals/gaskets
Refrigerator Repair Costs
Repair costs vary from one job to the next. A variety of factors impact repair costs, including the type of problem. Rest assured that most repairs are inexpensive, especially in comparison to the costs to replace the refrigerator. Free quotes help learn the exact cost of the repair before you hire. Use the quote to compare costs with other providers and rest assured you’ll get the best price for service.
Need a refrigerator repair expert? Call us today and learn why we’re one of the most trusted names in appliance repair.